As this class is designed to be a class available to high school students of all academic and mathematical levels, the following structure has been developed in order to accommodate all learning styles.
You will need to bring your supplies with you each day. This includes your notebook, pencil, and a scientific or graphing calculator.
Graded Components with Percent Weights:
Homework and Worksheets 20%
The weighted grading scale allows even students who are poor test takers or poor organizers to still excel in other areas to keep their grade at an acceptable level.
Notebook: The notebook will have 4 sections. The unit sections will be as follows:
Notes: Notes are to be taken daily.
Homework: Keep all homework.
Projects: Each unit will have at least one project.
Tests/Quizzes: Each unit will have at least 1 test or quiz.
1. Come to class PREPARED each day. You will not be allowed to go back to your locker to get book, paper, pencil, etc. after the bell has rang.
2. DO NOT interfere with the teacher’s right to teach.
3. DO NOT interfere with the right of other students to learn.
4. RESPECT the room and the equipment in it.
5. Keep your hands & feet to yourself.