A+ BACK TO SCHOOL ACTION PLAN
(EXCERPTS FROM USA WEEKEND AND AUTHOR PEG TYRE)
KIDS WHO THRIVE IN SCHOOL HAVE PARENTS WHO SUPPORT LEARNING AT HOME. HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN DO:
- Make contact with teachers by Week 3 – attend the Raider Open House and KickOff August 23!
- Check that your child is reading at grade level.
- Understand the importance of downtime in improving learning.
- Analyze test scores.
- Stay on track for college/career readiness.
- Don’t think of math ability as a talent, it is a skill ! Make sure homework is done each night.
- Be a part of the learning community by attending conferences.